top of page


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enroll my student?

To enroll your student, you will need to schedule a registration appointment with the counselor that will be assigned to your student. Counselors at Walton work with students based on an alphabet break down. Click here for the list of counselors.

You must have all of the required documentation in your possession prior to scheduling an appointment. Click here to access the Cobb County School District Online Registration System.

How do I withdraw my student?

Students intending to withdraw from school must first return all library books to the library and all textbooks to the Book Room, and receive a textbook clearance slip. You will then proceed to the attendance office to complete the withdrawal process; you must have your textbook clearance slip with you at this time. Only the enrolling adult or custodial parent may withdraw a student from school. Email with questions.

What is CTLS?

The Cobb Teaching and Learning System is a digital learning environment that students, parents, and teachers will utilize during distance learning. Click here to learn more about CTLS.

What is Naviance?

Click here to learn more about Naviance.

How do I request a transcript?

Click here to learn how to request an official transcript. 

How do I request a teacher recommendation?

Click here to learn how to request a teacher recommendation through Naviance. Click here to download a copy of the Recommendation Packet.

How do I sign up for college visits?

Click here to learn how to sign up for college visits in Naviance.

How do I get a work permit?

Visit the Online Work Permit System. The revised system will now be available to work permit applicants, employers, and issuing officers. Effective July 1, 2015, with the exception of minors in entertainment, work permits are NO longer required for youth age 16 and older (House bill 366). Click here for detailed instructions.

Do I need community service hours to graduate?

No. However if students wish to earn a service honor cord worn at graduation, they must earn 180 hours of approved volunteer service. Click here for more information about the Walton Volunteer Service Recognition Program.

I graduated between 1981 - 2014 but did not pass the Georgia High School Graduation Test. What are my options?

If you are a former Walton student who did not receive your high school diploma between the years of 1981-2014, for the sole reason of not passing any part of the high school graduation test, please click here to petition to the county for your diploma. All questions should be directed to Mrs. Risa Fischer: 770-426-3316

bottom of page