Senior Recommendation Packet
***There will be a counselor presentation once school begins in August to review these steps. Naviance will not be active until after the counselor presentation. We will begin receiving transcript requests on August 17, 2021.***
Letters of Recommendation
COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please read carefully before beginning the application process
· FILL this out – TYPED ONLY
· SAVE a copy on your computer
· Email a copy to of packet to your School Counselor – due 1st day of school *see below
· SUBMIT a copy of packet to your Senior English Teacher - due to teacher 1st day of school as this is part of your summer English assignment.
· COMPLETE & GIVE the TEACHER Form (page 5) to each specific Teacher you request to write a recommendation for you at least 2-3 weeks before college deadline** see below
· ADD the colleges to Naviance – Colleges I’m Applying To
· REQUEST transcripts in the RECORDS ROOM (pay $2 for each)
Common Application -- Must LINK your Common App account to your Naviance account (an instructional video on how to do this is located on your Naviance homepage.)
Sending Official Test Scores – Must be sent directly from the testing agency
ACT Scores- Request Scores at www.actstudent.org
SAT Scores- Request scores at www.collegeboard.org
School Counselor Recommendation – We are required to complete a form for ALL Common Applications, and some Common App schools require an additional letter of recommendation. For all other applications some require School Counselor letters of recommendation, some do not. We need your packet the 1st day of school, so we can process all your documents, write letters if needed, etc.
Teacher Recommendation Requests –
· Must request specific teacher for specific college (NOTE: Not all colleges require a letter of recommendation)
· Under MY COLLEGES, click on LETTERS OF RECOMMNENDATION
· ADD REQUEST and select teacher from drop down list
· CHOOSE SPECIFIC COLLEGES from your COLLEGES I’M APPLYING TO list.
· ASSIGN teacher to specific colleges. There is an option to select “All current and future colleges” and you have to decide. For example, Georgia Tech only takes ONE teacher recommendation. You also apply to Tulane and they take 3 teacher recommendations. The teachers you want to ask are Fleenor, Benton, and Sell. However you want Benton to write for Georgia Tech. If you choose “ALL current and future colleges” for all 3 teachers, then the teacher who writes FIRST, say Ms. Sell, and she submits to the colleges, it will be her recommendation that goes to Georgia Tech. If that is not what you want, then you request Mr. Benton for “ALL current and future colleges” and request Ms. Sell and Mr. Fleenor for Tulane only. (DO NOT choose “All current and future colleges” unless you specifically want to)
· SUBMIT REQUEST