To the Parents/Guardians of Walton 11th grade students:
For many years, Cobb County Public Schools have provided opportunities for advisement conferences to all students in grades 9 and 11. If your student was at Walton in the 9th grade, you already know how valuable this experience can be. If you are new to Cobb County or this is your first high school student, I am sure you will appreciate this special opportunity for you and your student.
This year, the format of our advisement program has changed, and you will meet virtually one-on-one with your student’s school counselor. Please follow the directions below and watch the general information video first, before moving on to steps two and three.
We look forward to working with you as we continue our efforts to make your student’s high school years a valuable experience.
Junior Advisement Directions
There are three (3) required steps to this process
Review the Junior Advisement PowerPoint
Click here to watch a video presentation of the PowerPoint
Click here to review the PowerPoint on your own
Complete the 11th grade Bridge Law survey in Naviance. Click here for directions on how to complete the Bridge Law survey. The directions are reviewed in the PowerPoint video.
Sign up for an individual appointment time with your alpha counselor. The links are below. You must have completed steps one and two before signing up for a time.
Last name Counselor Sign Up Link
A - Ch Mrs. Clary https://lauraclary.youcanbook.me
Ci - G Mrs. Alpert https://betsyalpert.youcanbook.me
H - K Mrs. Dunham https://donnadunham.youcanbook.me
L - N Mrs. Watford https://ericawatford.youcanbook.me
O - Sl Mrs. Harwood https://tinaharwood.youcanbook.me
Sm - Z Mrs. Fay https://lisafay.youcanbook.me
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR ADVISEMENT APPOINTMENT:
- Make sure to schedule your appointment with your individual alpha counselor. Counselors are assigned to students based on student last name.
- Appointments will focus on senior year classes and what is needed for graduation.
- Appointments will be during your lunch period or on Wednesdays so please make sure to sign up for a time you will be available.
- Appointments are virtual. Once you sign up for a time, you will receive a confirmation email with a Zoom link. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER FOR THIS EMAIL.
- If the student is back in face to face learning during the appointment time, the meeting will still be virtual to allow parents/guardians to join. Students will report to the Counseling Suite at their appointment time.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to participate, but it is not required.